Loring Heights is a boutique neighborhood of just a few hundred homes and fewer than 2000 residents. It’s located in south Buckhead just north of Atlantic Station. Composed of 1940s bungalows and new construction infills, it boasts rolling hills, mature trees, multiple parks with a duck pond and fenced-in dog area. It’s just a short distance to Atlanta’s best shopping, dining and entertainment in Midtown, Buckhead and Atlantic Station. Some public transportation is available but the neighborhood does not have many bike lanes and most errands require a car. The neighborhood does offer easy access to I-75/85, GA 400, and I-285 for those who work outside the city.
- E. Rivers Elementary
- Sutton Middle School
- North Atlanta High School
Loring Heights Neighborhood Association
The purpose of the Loring Heights Neighborhood Association is to:
- Formulate, disseminate, and pursue a community program for the betterment of Loring Heights and members of the Association.
- Exercise vigilance in zoning matters, so that the rights and interests of the majority of residents are protected.
- Maintain liaison with governing bodies so as to influence decision making and remain alert to actions that are of concern to the community.
- Promote a secure and safe environment within the urban surroundings of Atlanta.
- Promote the enhancement of public spaces within the neighborhood to add to the quality of life of members.
- Promote activities that will develop community cohesion.
- Keep members of the Association informed of these activities and the actions of the various committees, promoting involvement in LHNA.
- Oppose intrusions detrimental to the community and its composition of primarily single-family residences.