Little Five Points, known locally as Lil’ Five, is a district on the east side of downtown Atlanta. The commercial district lies between Inman Park and Candler Park neighborhoods and is famous for it’s alternative culture, a Bohemian melting pot of sub-cultures. It’s one of Atlanta’s best neighborhoods for viewing street art tucked away on the back sides of buildings, in alleyways and in back parking lots. Mass transit is easily accessible from the Candler Park or Inman Park MARTA stations.
Little Five Points Halloween Festival
Little Five Points hosts the Halloween Festival every year on the Saturday of Halloween. Local vendors sell arts and crafts. The parade features local celebrities, bikers in costume, live music, hearses, local marching bands and community built parade floats.
Little 5 Points Community Improvement District
Little 5 Points businesses created the Little 5 Points Community Improvement District in the spring of 2014. The purpose of L5P CID is to enhance and supplement certain governmental services and facilities within the district including:
- Construction and maintenance of streets.
- Comprehensive Development Plan for neighborhood planning.
- Public transportation maintenance and improvement.
- Construction and maintenance of Parking facilities.
- Construction and maintenance of parks and recreational areas and facilities.
- Construction, maintenance, and management of cultural facilities that will enhance L5P’s role as a theater and arts district.
- Services the CID Board deems worthwhile to enhance the growth and vitality of the L5P District including advertising, promotion, sanitation, security, business recruitment and development.
List of Businesses
Independent Book Stores
- Aurora Coffee
- Java Lords
- Stratosphere Skateboards